22.4.11

champagne supernova.


"How many special people change? How many lives are living strange? 
Where were you while we were getting high? 
Slowly walking down the hall 
Faster than a cannonball 
Where were you while we were getting high? 
Someday you will find me 
Caught beneath the landslide 
In a champagne supernova in the sky"




I think i just need to cheer myself up a bit, lately.


This is among my most favorite song. I remember this song was from the album "What's the Story Morning Glory", of which I bought the cassette album back then when I was around 14 or 15, out of curiosity just because my crush was a huge fan of this band and often humming the song "Talk Tonight". After I bought it and listen to all the song, it turned out that I'm becoming one of their fans too. They're really one among the greatest band I've ever heard during my teenage days. 


This song had accompanied me while I'm going through things in my life. My teenage days, my junior high final exam days. Around ten years later, it also accompanied me while I'm going through all the graduate-school-abroad-application things. Surely, it warmed me through the rejections as well.


And now, "Champagne Supernova" is again on my playlist, accompanying me to get through my thesis days.


. . . . . . .
Dear my first crush, an architect somewhere in the city (yes, from what I've heard and seen, apparently he was also taking a major in architecture), thank you for introducing this band to me. They were good, just like what you've told me ;)

No comments: