13.4.13

[music] Sungha Jung - (Jason Mraz) 93 Million Miles

the song has been on my top list in a playlist named "home".
i love the (original) song so much it hugged my heart tight, with those guitar and Jason Mraz's voice.
what else a longing-for-home heart needs?

ps : and as usual, Sungha Jung did well :)



.
This song reminds me to a day, exactly a year ago : my master graduation day. Nothing has pretty much changed since then, which is not something I should be proud of. Oh, one thing though, two publications generated from my thesis. One presented in a locally-held international conference and one published in the first edition of newly launched journal from a certain built-environment researcher association. Happy? No need to ask ;) Another 'portfolio' to put in a pocket for my future academic endeavor. 

One other thing was to be coincidentally involved in a project with the exact theme as my thesis. Super happy? I was, teheheee... And then, another two projects came along those required me to learn new thing which I thought more suitable for me, more than those design things : to generate a package of urban design guidelines using some kind of so called smart codes. Interesting, yet challenging. And even though in the end I came to conclusion that with such respectively unique characteristics of almost all places here, in Indonesia, it's not really suitable to apply such uniformity. Of course, unless it is alright to create a total different type of codes for a total different places. However, that was an interesting encounter anyway :)

So what's next? Sure I can no longer live the days without targets. I found it more exhausting. But, please, don't imagine then I live a life full of race. Don't imagine the targets to be something big, also. It could be as simple as taking institutional TOEFL test as preparation to retake the actual test (my previous one already expired three years ago), or starting to learn Japanese, or refreshing the old abandoned projects (searching for the list), or finishing either "Pulang" by Leila Chudori or "To Kill a Mocking Bird" by Harper Lee or "Kafka on the Shore" by Haruki Murakami, or signing up for a premarital school (yep, you heard it right), or starting to breakdown this year's big plan. 

Oh right, now I remember I do have a target, a goal, a big one. This year. I've marked the starting line. I've prepared the track. I knew the destination very well. However, this path, for most others is something unlikely.

They (might) called it pride, nonetheless, I (stick on) calling it plan :)

No comments: