11.1.13

[journal] happy vs. happiness

- the more the deadlines, the more the urges to write anything unrelated to the works -


Let me state this (as this blog is also my personal recording tool) : 2013 is gonna be my pilot year of a happiness project of my version. And just like any other project, this one also come with main goal  at the end. Not exactly in the very end, but one main goal it is for one full year.

Okay, did I seriously wrote one, only ONE, goal at all for a whole year? Yes :) However, this one main goal seems to be derived into several secondary goals. And this time, unlike many other years before, I make sure to follow up my goals with plans. I've just found out that making resolutions and outlining the executing plans are really two different things. Now, you know why I mostly failed in reaching my goals. But then again, this year is different. If I can't start to change for the better now, then I can't really be sure anymore whether I'll be able to change at all.

Turns out that turning onto the big three is a big deal to me . . .

One thing I always believe : being happy is not something you could plan out, it is something you choose to be. However, how to get to the version of you who would do so... that is something that could be planed. Hence, a happiness project :)
*By the way, I really recommend the book by Gretchen Rubin. It enlightened in certain ways I didn't expect it by the time I decided to read the book. You can't expect to always find positive motivational lines inside the book, but it would be a big big help when you decided to have a year with "being more and more organized in every aspects of life" theme. I found it so. 
I wish to write more about the project this year. Well, taking some rest from my-poetry-writing habit might not be that bad, isn't it? A period of cooling down is sometimes needed. A period to reflect more, to read more, to listen more, to be grateful more..and less being unhappy. After all I got every little reasons for not being unhappy. 

So... starting a happiness project by being happy for some little big things, should we? ;)

2 comments:

Dongeng Denu said...

soundtrack yg cocok unt posting ini --> happy by mocca ^^

astri said...

hehe..baru terpikir bisa dikasih soundtrack ^^

terima kasih kunjungannya dan salam kenal :)