4.7.12

[journal] off July.

It's less than twelve hours toward another conference, yet I haven't finished my presentation >.< Yet surprisingly I don't feel that kind of panic attack. Well, guess those d-1 (uhm, not really that d-1, though) "please make a presentation" have trained me well enough, yes. In the other hand, I found compressing my 71-slide-thesis-presentation into 25-30-slide-only-conference-presentation is actually challenging rather than stressing. Well, again, the drilling was it. However, I never be the one who do the presenting. *okay, there the panic come*

So, a quick scribe. I've just finished reading the first chapter of The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I must say she nailed it. She really knows what concrete things those contribute to ones being happy, not just that, "well, be happy". Happy is indeed a 'be' even from the start.

Or maybe she just chose the perfect hints to put in her first chapter, it's about Vitality : Boost Energy. That's just one good way to start. Anew. So here, instead waiting for January, I decided to start doing it now in July. There's no definite reason why I feel the need to start 'the project' soon. It might because that July is the first month in the second half of 2012. It might because that July is a symbol of summer. Well, just as simple as that. To start, I won't break down the plan here, that's for my offline journal. Instead, I will start it with a "to-do-list". Not that kind of "must-do-list", but more of a "want-do-list".

Why "want"? Because I want, not need, these to be done :)

  1. Have one empty box in my room, leaving some spaces for good things to come.
  2. Do my first postcard-series-project. And definitely send some of them to some ones in the West.
  3. Block two posters for my room : the pinky pointed shoes with music sheet, and the beloved boys.
  4. Visiting beautiful Kala and her mom, for sure.
  5. Making a pastel colored portfolio.
  6. Start drawing (again). I owe myself a #30dayssketching. Shall I start with a tree house?
  7. Arrange folders for the double big-B. Yes, they require some cleaning, not clearing.
  8. Buy one pair of proper shoes. I mean it.
  9. Buy one proper lady-like bag. Semi-formal tote is fine. And, yes, this too I mean it.
10. Buy one pair of proper blue jeans. Again, I mean it.
11. Eye check! Replace the sunglasses frame.
12. Starting shaum this year peacefully, in just any aspect.
13. Say hello :)

That's a 13 of July. Happiness is a determined mind away. Might as well be true.

No comments: